(1) WordPress “more feature” / (2) Click Fraud September 25, 2006Posted by sk in Blogroll, Computers & Internet.
I just discovered this. What do you do when you’ve written a long, long post that takes up all the space on the first page? You use WordPress’s “more feature” to display only a small portion of the post. This is how it’s done:
- edit the post
- click on the html tab on the editing page
- decide how much of the post you want displayed on the front page and add this tag after that “<!–more–>” (text within quotes)
- now see the result – your post is automatically truncated on the display page and the text that is removed is replaced with a link that says, “(more…)”
- for examples, see my posts, “My first impressions of the Zune” and “Get a Mac”.
- you can also put in your own text instead… instructions are given here.
If you already knew this, why didn’t you tell me so?
BTW, I usually combine a couple of posts together, so here’s the second: there’s a nice article by Ruhi about click fraud and how it affects the online advertising industry. What’s more, someone by the name of shravan has written some very interesting comments on that page. 🙂 Do take a look at it when you get a chance.
UPDATE (9/26/06): Check out my review of Microsoft codename Max here.